Charlie David Campbell

Charlie David Campbell
To cute to say no to... and he knows it!

Monday 4 April 2011

For The Love Of 'Dog'

All you dog owners out there know what I mean when I say "Oh for the love of 'dog'". We love our dogs unconditionally. I can't speak for anyone else but I know here at my house we would do ANYTHING for our Charlie. However, when I wake up at 2:00am and hear a rustling in the living room I think to myself 'for the love of dog whats he up to now??'. I leave the comforts of my king size bed and drag my tired and already sleep deprived butt out to the living room only to find my handsome, lovable, and adorable pooch eating my tax return papers, a wooden spoon from the kitchen, my plastic sugar bowl, or all of the above. I don't mind though because as soon as I correct him and tell him no, he gazes up at me with his big loving eyes as if to say "I'm sorry, I didn't think you would catch me.." all I can do is smile. When we are out for a walk and he rolls in dead animal flesh, if he chases the cat through the house, or when he barks at the birds at 6:00am all I can do is correct him, love him, and think "for the love of dog". 
Our best friends (our dogs) are so smart. The funny thing is, each time I think "for the love of dog" I know he knows I'm thinking it!! All our furry friends want it to please us. My gentle giant wants nothing more then for me to approve of him. For this I am thankful. He is the best part of every single one of my days here on earth. I can't imagine my life without 2:00am wake-ups, half eaten kitchen spoons, and mangled paper work. Each time I find another chunk of tax papers, wood, or a heap of sugar I think to myself.... "for the love of dog"!!
For lots of awesome pictures of my handsome pup come visit our website at www.greatdanesforlife.com

1 comment:

  1. 'For the Love of Dog' gets thrown around our house far too often. Our lab/bull mastiff, Baron, rolled in/ate something nasty on our walk on Sunday. Bath time surely follows.

    Love your blog Sam, keep it up!

    Billard

    ReplyDelete